Delegation of Responsibility
Wyomissing Area School District Public Records Policy
Board Policy #801, Revised November 2008
The Board shall designate an Open Records Officer and designee, who shall be responsible to:
- Receive written requests for access to records submitted to the District.
- Review and respond to written requests in accordance with law, Board policy and administrative regulations.
- Direct requests to other appropriate individuals in the District or in another agency.
- Track the District’s progress in responding to requests.
- Issue interim and final responses to submitted requests.
- Maintain a log of all record requests and their disposition.
- Ensure District staff are trained to perform assigned job functions relative to requests for access to records.
Upon receiving a request for access to a record, the Open Records Officer shall:
- Note the date of receipt on the written request.
- Compute and note on the written request the day on which the five-day period for response will expire.
- Maintain an electronic or paper copy of the written request, including all documents submitted with the request, until the request has been fulfilled.
- If the written request is denied, maintain the written request for thirty (30) day or, if an appeal is filed, until a final determination is issued or the appeal is deemed denied.