*** UPDATED CLEARANCE INFORMATION AS OF JULY 2015 ***
Please see the FAQ in the right hand margin.
Welcome to the Online Volunteer Application Process
Volunteers are a valuable resource in the Wyomissing Area School District, and we are grateful for all that they do to serve our school community and most importantly, enrich the lives of our students. If you have a couple hours to share, we are interested in having you join our volunteer group.
Beginning July 1, 2015 all volunteers must have current clearances on file and be approved by the School Board in order to volunteer directly with our students. Outlined below is the process and requirements to become an Approved Volunteer in our school district. Should you have questions please call Charmaine Beck, (610) 374-0739, ext. 1117.
Please begin by reviewing each of the documents below:
1. Procedures to Become an Approved WASD Volunteer. Click here to review .
2. WASD Board Policy 916 Click here to review.
3. WASD Board Policy 806 Click here to review.
1. Act 34: Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check Click here.
2. Act 151: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Click here.
3. FBI Criminal History Check (If PA Residency is less than 10 years). IMPORTANT: Please be advised that effective at close of business November 18, 2017, Cogent will no longer be providing fingerprint services for 'new applicants'. All 'new applicants' will be required to begin a new pre-registration with the new Commonwealth supplier, MorphoTrust, on November 28, 2017. Those unable to meet this deadline will be required to restart the process with the new Commonwealth supplier, MorphoTrust. (Registration information will not be transitioned to the new supplier; any unused registration files will be purged from the Cogent System and any payments will be issued refunds by Cogent.)
Applicants that have been notified their prints were rejected for quality purposes will have an additional time-period to complete the reprint process with Cogent. Any 'reprint applicants' who have not completed the reprint process with Cogent within this additional time-period, will be eligible to continue the reprint process with the new supplier. Please Note, 'reprint applicants' will have a limited time-period of 90 days to obtain their reprint services without charge. Additional information regarding that process or the new solution and start date will be forthcoming from the Department of General Services.
4. PDE 6004 Click here .
5. Volunteer Affidavit (if applicant has resided continuously in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years) Click here .