Summer 2015 Professional Development Opportunities
- 2015 Professional Development Booklet Click Here .
- 2015 Online Registration Click Here.
- 2015 Application for Summer Flex Day Choice Click Here .
- 2015 Professional Development Change Form Click Here .
- 2015 Grade Level / Specialists / Department Day Summary Form Click Here .
- PD-3527 Professional Development Survey for Educators and School Leaders Click Here .
Act 153 of 2014 Criminal Background:
Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearances
The Pennsylvania General Assembly amended the Child Protective Services Law (the CPSL) several times over the past year. The most recent changes were through Act 153 of 2014.
Act 153 is effective December 31, 2014.
Employees whose clearances are dated prior to December 31, 2011 need to obtain updated child abuse and criminal (state and federal) background reports by December 31, 2015.
Those employees who were grandfathered and never had clearances need to obtain clearances by December 31, 2015.
Employees whose clearances are dated after December 31, 2011 will expire three (3) years after their issue date (and not one’s date of hire). These employees will need to obtain updated clearances before their expiration dates.
Clearances may be dated within one (1) year of an employee’s date of hire or renewal.
An employee is not required to secure updated clearances outside of their three (3) year cycle when the following event(s) occur:
· When he/she transfers from one position to another within our district.
· When he/she changes their status of employment within our district, for example, changing from full time to part time, changing from regular to substitute; or
· When substitutes are reported on the Board Agenda each year so long as their employment is uninterrupted.
Online Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearances